Achillion is one of the most famous royal villas in Europe and perhaps the most important attraction of Corfu. It is located in the settlement of Gastouri, about 10 km from the city of Corfu. The mansion was designed by Italian architects Rafaele Carrito and Antonio Landi under the supervision of the Austrian Consul in Corfu Alexander Warssderg at the beginning, and after the death of Baron Von Bucowitz, in Pompeian style and was built in 1890 by of Austria, which due to its sensitive health requested its construction. She dedicated the mansion to Achilles, hence its name, the courtyard of which was enriched with statues from ancient Greek mythology.
Pontikonisi is a green and tree-lined rock, which is located at the entrance of the lagoon of Halikiopoulos, opposite the airport of Corfu "Ioannis Kapodistrias". This rock is one of the most popular and well-known tourist attractions of Corfu. During the reign of Otto, a monastery was built in Pontikonisi with a church dedicated to the Transfiguration of the Savior, which celebrates on August 6, the day of the feast. Entry to the island is normally allowed at certain times of the year, without the supervision of guards. There is usually a boat that takes visitors to the island and after every 15 minutes comes to return them.
The Archaeological Museum of Paleopolis, Corfu is located in the park of the palace Mon Repo, which is a source of natural beauty in itself, as it hosts rare species of plants and animals. The building began to be built in 1828 according to the standards of neoclassicism, with plans and supervision of the English architect Sir George Whitmore, who was the architect of the palaces of Saints Michael and George in the large square of Corfu, Spiana as well as the polar engineer J. Harper. It was handed over in 1831 as a summer mansion to the second English High Commissioner of the Ionian Islands, Sir Frederic Adams, and to Corfu his wife Nina Palatianos.
The Old Fortress of Corfu is built on a rocky peninsula with two characteristic hills and is the eastern end of the city. The location of the peninsula is located east of the ancient city of "Korkyra", between the bay of Corfu in the north and the bay of Garitsa in the south. This location was an ideal choice, as it allowed easy access to the sea network and full control of the neighboring coasts, while the high fortifications in combination with the artificial moat made it impossible for any intruder to access. After the 6th century the site was fortified and acquired the first inhabitants, who were the survivors of the Gothic ruins in the Ancient city of Corfu. The fortress was created after the 15th century by the Venetian fortifications in the oldest Byzantine capital of the island, with the Byzantine fortifications being replaced for the most part by their Venetian counterparts.
Angelokastro is one of the most important Byzantine castles in Greece. It is located on the island of Corfu at the top of the highest peak of the island in the northwest coast near Paleokastritsa and on the edge of the top of the steep slope. The origin of his name is not entirely clear, some historians report that in 1214 Michael I Komnenos, despot of Epirus occupied Corfu and after his death, Michael II Komnenos, fortified the area by building the castle and gave him the name of his father: Angelokastro. Today the castle, although incorrectly, is also called the Castle of the Archangel Michael.